So I am sure that by now, y'all have picked up on my new love of photography. And if you haven't, then you're way out of the loop. Well I took a photography class a few weeks ago with the lovely Shauna Maness. She is wonderful by the way. Check her out if you haven't already. Jess worked for her so I was super stoked to to take this class. I had seen a few of the shoots that Jess did and these two were stinking awesome with the picture taking skills. Needless to say, I totally loved my class. Everything about it. I loved learning about my camera. I loved being exposed to creativity.I loved being around other people that share my passion. I loved that I got some great shots. I loved being able to spend a whole weekend just taking pictures.
I have been putting this blog post off for a bit. I don't at all have a good reason as to why. And I am happy that I am finally doing it. The process for going these pictures, or any set of pictures, and deciding whether or not they are worthy of even going to the editing software is seriously all kinds of fun. I always have one picture in mind that I want to, but further than that and I really have to think about it. I have to find my creativity and inspiration. On my own, I have had little inspiration lately. Which is where Jess comes in. I think by me not having inspiration, I really wasn't looking for it. There was no motivation because I was so frustrated. Jess was always inspiration for me. I lovedddd her creativity, and still do. I did one of her photo give back sessions so I could have pictures of Petey (philip...long story) and Sarah and I together. While she was shooting us, we would talk about my class and she would say she wanted to see my pictures. So I came home and finally opened my the editing software and started in on my pictures. I found that I really loved some of them. But I still didn't have motivation to put them up. And then this morning, I awoke to find my facebook wall had been overtaken by Jess and she told me she was holding my pictures hostage until she got to see mine. So, dear Jess. Here are some of them. I am probably going to put up some more later. I am still going through some so I guess you could call this the sneak peak.
In the process of trying to find inspiration for this, I found it. And I must say, I love it. I missed it. I am currently doing a few of my favorite things- sitting in the backyard with Sarah, listening to yummy music, blogging about pictures- and my heart is at peace. I even got my camera out to take pictures of Sarah. So thanks Jess. :)
For those of you that aren't Jess or don't know who she is, she was my roommate. And she is getting ready to go on the World Race, which is an 11 month mission trip. She will be going to 11 different countries and sharing the love of Jesus with people. She has a website where you can check out what she has been up to or give back if you want to. Check her out, you won't be disappointed. chasethelightwithme.com
Yeaaaaaaaaah! I miss my roommate :( I'm glad I gave you a kick in the butt, I love these shots! I'm looking forward to seeing more :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your encouragement, I had so much fun with you guys the other day. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support. I've got one more session to blog, and then ya'lls is up!
love you, sweet friend
jess